So you’ve finally decided that you want to accept credit cards at your business—congratulations on making a wise decision on expanding your customers’ payment options! You’ve joined the ranks of literally millions of merchants who allow their customers to pay with credit and debit cards!
You may be wondering, “is it necessary to open a real merchant account? There are a few other online payment services I’ve heard of that seem fast and easy.” The answer is simply that a real merchant account offers so much more solutions for business of all types.
With a real merchant account, you can expect the following:
- Funding directly to your bank account
- Equipment options: retail credit card machines, wireless credit card terminals, mobile processing capabilities
- Secure payment gateways integratable with most shopping cartt
- Personal customer support representative
- Retail check acceptance
- Electronic online invoicing
- Custom gift and loyalty cards
- Merchant business cash advances
It is important to note that not all merchant services providers are created equal. When comparing merchant services, make sure to ask them if they offer any of the features listed above. If you have questions about how to setup a merchant account, call Group ISO at 1-800-571-2606.