Start accepting checks
Check processing services are suitable for all business types, including: grocery and liquor stores, colleges, associations, non profits, online membership services, web hosting companies, accounting services, legal services, property management, manufacturing, landscapers, construction, business services, day care, health clubs and more.
Check Processing: How does it all work?
- The consumer or business provides written authorization through mail order, fax, or face-to-face for an electronic ACH Debit to their checking account.
- Transaction information is uploaded to the processor through a variety of options including a virtual terminal, payment gateway, or batch file transmission.
- The funds are electronically debited from the client’s checking account.
- Once the transaction is cleared, the funds are electronically deposited into the merchant’s account in 7 business days (contact us for expedited funding).
- Paper checks are accepted during face-to-face transactions at the point-of-sale.
- Checks are run through a check imager or reader connected to a credit card terminal.
- The funds are electronically debited from the consumer’s checking account.
- Funds are then electronically deposited into the merchant’s bank account in 3 business days.
- Paper checks are accepted in person at the point of sale.
- Check information is entered into terminal to obtain approval.
- Terminal runs verification and authorization process.
- Authorization code is written on check and manually deposited at bank.
- If authorized check is returned unpaid, funding is guaranteed through processor.
*Note: Types of checks eligible for Check Guarantee include personal, business or corporate, and doing business as (DBA).
- Paper checks are received in the mail, drop box or in person (any type of check may be accepted at both point of sale and consumer-not-present environments*).
- Checks are run through a check imager connected to a PC (check imager will have capability of scanning both sides of the check).
- Funds are electronically debited from consumer’s checking account.
- Funds are then electronically deposited into the merchant’s account in 3 days (8 business days for payroll checks). Merchants can use existing account – no need for a separate account.