Did you know that this week we celebrate small businesses across the nation? According to the U.S. Small Business Administration, more than half of Americans either own or work for a small business. Since this is National Small Business Week, we thought it would be fitting and hopefully helpful to share our ideas on how you can save money as a small biz operator.
- Use energy efficient appliances and/or office equipment. Check out these Energy Star certified products.
- Look for lower rates on your credit card processing service. Not all merchant services are created equal – do your homework and shop around.
- Save on advertising with social media. Don’t have a large marketing budget? Have a special or a deal? Use social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Foursquare for free promotion.
- Use open source software. You might find that some free, open source software may work just as well for your needs than traditional options like Microsoft Office.
- Reconsider your telephone needs. You might find that switching over to VOIP services may cost much less than using landline phones.
- Hire interns. Interns are eager to work and learn if you can provide them with valuable, unique experience.
Do you utilize cost-saving techniques at your business? Share with us!