If you’re about to start your own small business, there are several things you need to get in order before opening your doors (or virtual doors, if you’re an eCommerce merchant). You’ve probably already chosen the name of your business, bought inventory, hired some employees and picked out your location. But did you make sure to do the following?
Don’t forget to check these off your list before starting your small business:
- Secure a domain name and create a website
- If you’re selling online, get an SSL certificate for your website
- Make sure you purchase the necessary insurances for your business if applicable
- Create an employee handbook or manual
- Obtain a merchant account/credit card processing
If you’re in the business of making money (and who isn’t, really?), then you need to be able to offer your customers a variety of ways to pay, and that includes credit cards. Call Group ISO Merchant Services to get your merchant account setup before you open up shop — 1-800-722-GISO (4476).